Soley Mourning are a five piece, melodic classic rock band from the West Midlands.
Mat Partridge – Vocals
Tone Chambers – Guitar
Andy Guest – guitar
Dattani – Bass
Lloyd Daker – Drums
SOLEY MOURNING are not just a killer live act, they clearly demonstrate remarkable musicianship and mature song writing skills. Standing on the shoulders of giants such as Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Queen, the band have forged a sound far greater than the sum of their parts, one that is reminiscent of no one else and entirely their own.
Formed in 2006, SOLEY MOURNING quickly set about writing and performing their own material. With three studio albums under their belt they are set to release their fourth studio album at the end of 2013.
The band have built up a major live following all around the Midlands, as well as Belgium, Denmark, Germany and Holland, playing headline shows and major festivals. The sheer dynamism and quality of their live shows has been responsible for winning them a European tour support slot with Magnum in 2009 and national tour slots with iconic female artists Toyah Willcox and Hazel O’Connor in 2012, where they were very well received, and had considerable radio and press interest.
- Headline Tour of Belgium in 2007
- European Tour with Magnum in 2009
- National Tour with Toyah Willcox in April and October of 2012
- National Tour with Hazel O’Connor in September/October 2012
WHAT THE PRESS ARE SAYING
- “ Zaire is riff-tastic, and these Black Country based boys can lay the grooves down thick …” UBER ROCK
- “ Zeppelin-esque intros and heavy bluesy riffs accompanied by melodic vocals …” LONDON CHRONICLE
- “ They could give Black Country Communion a run for their money …” SUNDAY MERCURY
- “ Bluesy West Midlands rock in possibly its finest form, Soley Mourning are destined for greatness …” VANGUARD
- “ This five piece have a powerful sound that mixes the melodic commerciality of late eighties rock with the onset of early grunge, plus powerful riffs borrowed from Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine …” METAL TALK
- “ Mat Partridge’s soulful voice, coupled with a funk infused rhythm section, makes for an eclectic record where melody always rules …” CLASSIC ROCK